Calendars are used for scheduling time-based control for multiple panel operations
Automate of restrict actions on SPC, Calendars can be used to control almost all elements of the system
- Automatic setting and/or unsetting of areas
- Automatic setting and/or unsetting of other panel operations including triggers, enabling of users, zones, physical outputs, and so on.
At any particular time, any schedule within the calendar can be ‘active’ if its time conditions are satisfied.
Each week of the year is assigned an ordinal number. Depending on the fall of days within a month, there may be 52 or 53 weeks in one year. The SPC calendar implementation conforms to the ISO8601international standard.
Adding/Editing a calendar
From the SPC web page, Select Configuration > Calendars > Add.
The following page will be displayed:
Copying a Calendar
To make a copy of this calendar structure, click the Replicate button.
Calendars are configured by assigning an optional Week Type for each calendar week. Up to three Week Types may be defined for each calendar. Not all weeks must have a Week Type (that is, a Week Type may be ‘None’). There is a system maximum number of 64 calendar configurations.
To configure a week type
- Click Week Types.
- Enter the desired times for setting/unsetting or for triggers. Use time guidelines for Automatic Setting/Unsetting of Areas (see Automatic setting/unsetting of areas), or for Automatic Setting/Unsetting of other Panel Operations
Up to three-week types may be configured.
- Click Save and then Back.
- Select the desired week type from the drop-down menu for each of the required scheduled weeks in the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- Click Back
Exceptions or exception days are used to configure automatic setting schedules for exceptional circumstances outside of the normal weekly schedules defined in the calendars. Exceptions are defined with a start and end date (day/month/year) and up to four on/off timing periods for different panel operations including automatic setting/unsetting of areas or the switching on/off of triggers or outputs. A maximum of 64 exceptions can be configured on the system.
Exceptions are generic entities that can be assigned to one or more calendars. When an exception is assigned to a calendar, the exception settings override any calendar configuration for that start and end date period with both dates inclusive.
Configuring Exception Days
- Select Configuration > Calendars > Exception Days > Add.